Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tuesday evening

No photos to post, but just wanted to update you on Dawson. He is doing so well. He is smiling more, and he was giggling last night. Just sitting there giggling! I don't think I have every heard him giggle! He is talking in a normal voice, not yelling everything. He seems a lot more attentive to what is going on around him, and I'm sure it's because he is hearing things he didn't before. One big thing I have noticed since the surgery, is that he is coming to me, instead of Papa. I really think he could hear (or feel) Papa's voice, but couldn't hear or feel mine. Now he will come and get me, sit in my lap, talk to me (although I still can't understand most of what he says), and try to engage me in a "conversation". It is just amazing. It is also so sad, that he has missed out on so much during the first 3 years of his life. I am really hoping he does lots of catching up. And by the looks of it, he already has a good jump on it.
Great Grammie and Great Grampa, this update is for you!

No comments: