Thursday, December 18, 2008

Holiday Season

I read a friend's blog, and she had listed 10 things to be thankful for. I thought, odd that she would think of this now, 3 weeks after Thanksgiving, but as I read through, I realized I, too could think of 10 things, EASILY, that I was thankful for. So here I go:

1) good health....yes there are a few things I could improve, and I am working on that, but overall, my health is great!

2) my family and loved ones are healthy too! There are too many aquaintences that are facing serious health issues, and we are not! Something to be thankful for.

3)I have a GREAT job, and there are no signs of being laid off, or losing my job. Too may people are facing a cut in hours, or being laid off from their jobs- the money that gets them through the week. I have a degree and a license, and do NOT face a cut, no do I foresee one at all in the near future.

4) My tree is in the house! It has lights, but no decorations yet! There are many homes with out trees, or trees so small, it hardly gets you in the mood of the season. Mine is real, it's in the house, and it smells wonderful.

5) I have 3 beautiful healthy lively grand children. They are able to come visit, and bring my heart to a new level. They always are happy to see me, and Papa, and I love to see them. Some people have miles and miles between them and their grandchildren, so I am very lucky to only have 2 miles!

6) My mail is filled with cards from friends and relatives that love and think about me! They send warm holiday wishes, and keep my updated on their lives and loved ones! Why do we only communicate during the holidays?

7) My bills are minimal, and I am able to pay all of them, on time!

8) I have money in my checkbook! ( to pay those bills!)

9) My belly is never growling that it is really hungry!

10) I have so many friends that fill my day with love and compassion, and understanding. Family may have deserted me, but real friends will never leave. I have a full, wonderful life, and at this time if year, what more could anyone ask for!

11) Yes, I know it's one too many, but how forturnate am I that I have 10 things to list that I am thankful for, and how wonderful is the day that is filled with at least 10 things to be thankful for. Merry Christmas to all. I hope you have a wonderful feeling sometime over the next few days, and are able to pass that on to someone that doesn't have those important 10 things! Love to all, and peace and warmth to each.

Julie

No comments: