Saturday, January 7, 2012

A New Year

As 2011 slips away, I look forward to 2012 with open eyes, and a thirst for some changes. Not all change is good, as I just returned from a funeral of a class mate. That is one change that I could have foregone, if she was healthy. Changes in my health would be a good change, assuming I am making the changes and not dealing with a change that I have no control over. Changes in my grandchildren would be a good change, as they grow, and learn more and more. I still am taken by surprise sometimes by how much I love them, unconditionally, and will- always. Changes in how I spend time with the love of my life, a bit more adventurous. We have so much to see and do, I just want to try and do all that I can. She was only 55, she won't see the changes in her children, or ever see her grandchildren, or how her classmates grow old gracefully. I feel like I have a chance, that she didn't have. A chance to make virtual check marks on my "list" and to make more memories every day. She was inspiring, dedicated, brave, courageous. I feel inspired.

No comments: