Sunday, October 31, 2010

End of the month

The end of October seems to come way too soon. And it usually means colder weather is just around the corner. I know it happens every year, but I am just not ready for it. This year I hung out some Boo Buckets (old Happy Meal containers that I held on to) and some pumpkins on the front porch. The grand kids thought it was great, and wanted to take one home with them.


This is my Autumn Joy. A lovely plant that offers some rich color when most of the trees have lost theirs. This morning we awoke to snow caps on the blossoms. It just isn't right. It takes away from the "joy" part, don't you think?

And here we have the little pumpkin sporting the same cap as the Autumn Joy. There is a part of me that wonders why I live here, where it so cold, and stays for so long. But later on today, when those 4 little goblins come trick or treating, I will know my answer. I will post some pictures of them later. Happy Halloween, and Welcome Winter, too!

No comments: