Tuesday, October 5, 2010

On a personal note....

Today I reached a milestone for me. I have officially, on the weight watcher scales, lost 40 pounds. I have struggled with being over weight just about all my life. When I met Ken and fell in love, I dropped some weight, and weighed the least I ever was (in my adult life.) After gaining weight year after year, to a total of 100 pounds in 30 years, I decided my health HAS to be more important to me. My priority HAS to be getting the weight off. I guess I never made myself be the top priority. With a marriage, kids, jobs (the one I get paid for and the one I do when I leave the paid job), and now grandchildren, I never put me first. After much thought, and many pounds, I decided to join WW again, but make it work. And it does! Forty pounds in 32 weeks. Awesome! I am on my way. I have always considered my weight my one failure in life. Well, I am working on no failures! No more! I know I still have more to lose, and I will, but for now, I feel awesome. I can buy clothes in the regular department, not WOMEN'S or PLUS sizes. Now if I could only figure out how to make my feet smaller.....anyway. I experienced a great feeling today, and I don't want it to fade. I hope the determination stays with me, and the support continues. I can do this!

No comments: