Friday, December 24, 2010

Thankful

He is my best friend. He is my wonderful, loving, devoted husband. After this week, I know in my heart that he is all I will ever need in this lifetime. I have to be the most fortunate woman in the world to have him for a partner, a best friend, a true love. Sometimes it just takes a moment of suspense, of not knowing what lies ahead, to realize all you need, everything that makes you happy and complete, is right beside you, holding your hand through your days. I love you, Kenny.

Our two sons are the best. They were there, and that helped get me through. They have wonderful partners, too, that help them make life the best. I want for them what I have, and I think they may be on their way.

I also have the best friends. They listen, and offer help, but mostly they are there. There to call upon when life hands you those proverbial lemons. You can feel their hug when they say hello. It seems like I have called upon my friends a lot lately, and they have never let me down. I hope I am as a good a friend to them.

Life is what you make it. The way you handle situations will either make you or break you. I felt so weak and vulnerable, yet after we made it through, I felt strong and filled with a warmth. I don't know if it is the season that is around us, or just because I live life right, but life is good, better than good, and I hope we have many more days to prove that.

No comments: