Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday November 2, 2008


This is the new sweater that I made for Alexys. I was down and out for 10 days, so I had plenty of time to knit. (Once I got off the pain killers!) She loved the sweater, and then asked if I could make her mittens with the string in between. She immediately put them into her coat, so I think she liked them- a lot! Notice the hair style that she did all by herself. Three barrettes to hold up her bangs. She was very proud of the fact that she did it herself. Gotta love it!




Today, Corey and the grandchildren came over and helped with some pruning and clean up. Dawson and Brooklynn kept track of what was going on by riding back and forth in the blue car. Brooklynn has on the new hat and gloves that were in her Halloween bag. What a hoot. She didn't care as long as she was in the middle of it all. Dawson does a great job driving all over the yard.








Lexy got a new kitty in her Halloween bag. She named it Kit Kit and she carried that thing everywhere today. It even helped hall brush to the brush pile. What a great cat! If only you could train pets to really do that.
Here is Papa with the three grandchildren. They are watching as their father cut down a big dead tree on the stone wall. It was pretty exciting for about 3 seconds. Then they all climbed onto the lawn tractor with their father, and dragged the big tree to the brush pile. It was a great day outside. Lexy was a big help to me as I really couldn't do a whole lot. She cut dead flowers and put them in a big pile for me. Ken and I also ran out of steam, so the piles are still there, and tomorrow we will try to haul them to the brush pile. What a great day with the kids. Wish there were more chances in the week to spend good times with them like we did today.

No comments: