Saturday, February 2, 2019

Feb. 2, 2019

Started the day with a yard sale of quilting items. Here in Barefoot Bay, you just never know what you might find. There are regular yard sales, you know the kind. Books, extra lamps, an old TV, But this was "high quality" quilting items. Let me just say, that quality is in the eye of the beholder! Ha ha! Needless to say, I found a couple things, and my friend did, too, but it was not at yard sale prices!

Ken and I decided to take the golf cart out. It was the first really nice day in about 3 weeks, so off we went to Pocatella. About two thirds of the way there, the gold cart slowed down a great deal. Ken decided to turn around, and head back to home. We almost made it! Almost! Just needed to cross over the two lanes and the median strip. Nope, was not going to happen. So, I got out to push, just a little way. One lady actually stopped and asked if we needed help! That's the way they are here in the Bay. With me pushing, and Ken pushing the pedal, we made it back home, plugged the baby in, and it is charged! Lesson learned! What do Ken and I really know about golf carts, anyway? Evidently, not much.

Got the best piece of mail today.
This was our thank you note from Gavin's family from Christmas. Hand painted by Elliot, I am sure! It made me miss them even more. Must be time for a face to face chat! These hand made gifts are the absolute best! 

Beautiful day! Finally the chill is gone, the sun was shining, and I was able to grill our dinner. even ate out in the sun room! It took a month, but I know it is here to stay! Happy Groundhogs Day!

No comments: