Thursday, February 7, 2019

February 7, 2019

Michael Bolton. I think I had every one of his CDs in earlier years. Loved listening and singing along. Last night, Ken and I saw Michael Bolton at the King Center in Melbourne. At the time when we were discussing getting tickets and seeing him, I thought it would be a great evening out. Not too far to drive. We could go out to dinner first.  Those that know me, know I do not do well with large crowds. Just not my thing. So as the day neared, I had my doubts and dreads. We found our way to the center, after asking some delightful ladies how to get there. Ken had the foresight to purchase primo parking, so that part was easy.

After having my purse searched, advancing through a metal detector, and then being wanded because of the knee replacement, we made it- into the lobby. And then we would have to wait, in the crowds until the doors opened. Still wasn't sure I was going to survive.

Found our way to our seats, first row, upper balcony- awesome selection!! When the show finally started, I kept waiting to be disappointed. It never happened. He performed. And he performed well! The songs, the music, the solos, the lighting- all of it. Amazing! He still has it! His musicians were outstanding, so so talented. His selection of songs that he sang included so many of my favorites.
Well worth the bit of anxiety I had, because once he started singing, I was taken back. I found myself singing along and smiling. Enjoying the music, the talent, and especially, my date for the night! We liked it so much, we are planning on seeing the Vienna Boys Choir!

No comments: