Thursday, February 21, 2019

February 19, 2019

As a kid, Ken had watched this Disney movie, "Almost Angels" about the Vienna Boys Choir. He had always wanted to see and hear them. Well, we got our chance. They were doing a performance at the King Center, in Melbourne, where we saw Michael Bolton. So, after my Aqua Zumba class, I boogied on home, and we were off for another adventure, well, sort of. At least it was something that Ken had always wanted to do. I guess that qualifies for a check mark on some list.
 They did not disappoint, either. A group of 24 or so young boys, ages 9 to 14, singing with so much talent, and actually at times, looked like they were having great fun, entertained us for almost 2 hours. They are on a 10 week tour, and all I could think about was they must miss their mothers! I am sure they were fine, they have been around for over 300 years. Another great evening, spent with my guy, and enjoying the talents of these young men.

When we got back to our placed, it was such a beautiful evening, and the moon was full. We went outside, sat under the carport, and just took in the warmth, and the moon light. I think the moon looks very different through the palm tree fronds, as compared to maple and birch trees at home!
I must say, I thoroughly enjoy being able to sit outside in the evening, with warm breezes, and no bugs to bother. There are not many days in Maine where you can do this. However, I don't think come July and August it even cools off enough here in Florida to be comfortable outside. Not everything is perfect all the time, right?

No comments: